Sunday, June 26, 2011

An iPhone App for Aathichoodi (ஆத்திச்சூடி)

A friend of mine -- Mr. G Devarajan -- introduced via Internet, is doing yeoman service with iPhone Apps and Podcasts dedicated to children. When he approached me to translate Sangam Poetess Auvaiyar's (ஔவையார்) child-literature of "Aathichoodi" (ஆத்திச்சூடி), I readily agreed.

Needless to say this App has been on my iPhone for sometime now. I enthusiastically recommend the same for the Tamil Diaspora. Here it is on Apple iTunes.

I hope and wish Mr. Devarajan will consider extending the meanings to other works of Auvaiyaar like நல்வழி, மூதுரை, etc., which currently do not have meanings. If approached, I will certainly start to translate/workout the meanings for them too.

Personally, the indelible effects of these child-literary works on me are profound. யாம் பெற்ற இன்பம், பெருக இவ்வையகம்.


No comments: