Thursday, June 30, 2011

I will continue to blog on Aathichoodi (ஆத்திச்சூடி)

Many friends ask why I stopped blogging on ஆத்திச்சூடி (Aathichoodi). It is time I admit the true reason. I regularly blogged until "கடிவது மற" and then stopped it. Because, the next maxim was "காப்பது விரதம்". It is about Veganism and refrain from eating non-vegetarian dishes, as a mark of love and respect to animals. Tamil literature is replete with hortatory edicts regarding "புலால் உண்ணாமை" (veganism). Although I am not a pure vegetarian and I do have a proclivity towards it, the truth is I do like some non-vegetarian dishes too. I do savor my liking for chicken, lamb, and fish. Therefore, it will be sheer hypocrisy for me to ruminate on a maxim that I hardly cannot keep up with. It does not matter, how well I can try to follow what is being preached in the other maxims, but, how can I ruminate on this maxim, when I am already far from what is being preached? Yet, I think, I am now at a point to move forward. It is a learning exercise anyways.

As in Latin, they say, "Discere docendo." To learn is to teach. I learn more about Aathichoodi, when I blog. So, will I do hereafter, notwithstanding the fact that I am not a pure vegetarian :-).

Thank you for all your private emails.


No comments: